Copyright Auper Electronic Controls Inc 2015
Eclipse liquor control systems installation overview
The Eclipse 4250 IE was designed to make it simple to install by anyone. Installing a liquor system involves five different steps:
1. Planning and programming
2. Physical under bar mount and power up
3. Connecting to the network and software installation
4. Installation and programming of the pourers
5. POS interfacing when required.
1. To program a liquor system we need the list of brands you intend to serve with the system, the portion sizes per brand (up to four) required to make the drinks and the selling price for each portion size and brand. We usually get those emailed to us in an Excel worksheet by the bar manager. We sort them by alphabetical order, assign a pourer number to each brand and create a program set up ready to be uploaded in the liquor systems.
2. Upon receiving the liquor system, the person assigned to do the installation will mount the liquor system under the bar (in most cases). Using the network cable provided, the system will be connected to a network port. When needed, we can supply a small Ethernet switch to add network ports. If you want to print reports to a serial bar printer directly from the system, you will connect the printer at this time.
3. The software installation is done by us or a dealer. We need an Internet connection and Teamviewer to log in your computer. Teamviewer is free for you and takes a few minutes to install. Using Teamviewer, we install the software, train you to use it and service the systems should we need to. Using the software, we will locate the liquor systems installed on your computer network and set them up log in the software. If it is not already done, we will upload the program in the liquor systems. You will use the software should you need to change anything in the liquor systems.
4. A list of brands with the assigned pourer numbers will be provided. It is important that this part be done by the people who will replace the empties and be in charge of the liquor bottles at the bar(s). Following the instructions provided, they will install the pourers on the bottles and program the bottle number into each pourer.
5. We can interface the POS system and the liquor systems. The POS part of the interface is simple but will require that we ask your POS vendor to login at the same time. We will explain what we need and test the interface as we speak on the phone. We usually have everything running in less than an hour.